We at Galfar Al Misnad work closely with our clients and partners across all areas of our business, to limit our impact on the environment and to prevent environmental incidents. We practice all possible sustainable practices in our business processes.
Our ambition is to continually improve the environmental credentials of our projects and services by actively looking for ways to reduce negative environmental impacts during their entire life cycle, so that over time our stakeholders know us as an environmentally responsible construction and development company.
We are committed to the following key issues:
- Efficient use of energy and reduction of emissions of gases associated with Climate Change.
- Generate zero waste through reducing upfront demand, reusing materials whenever possible, and recycling (or down-cycling); and where these options are not currently practicable, provide environmentally sound treatment or disposal.
- Proactively select and use materials that are benign to people and the environment.
- Reduce demand for, conserve and recycle water resources.
- Reduce harmful emissions to the air from projects, road vehicles, mobile and stationary equipment and processes.
- Minimize the negative impact of our operations on water, land, and soil quality.
- Support many internal and external sustainable initiatives.
Galfar Al Misnad also demonstrates commitment to sustainability through active participation by being a member of Qatar Green Building Councils and as an authorized service provider to execute GSAS ( Global Sustainability Assessment System) compliant projects.